Now you take Cynthia Procter for instance. She's just the opposite. If there's a test tomorrow, she'll say something like, "Oh, I guess I'll play handball this afternoon and watch television tonight," just to let you know she ain't thinking about the test. Or like last week when she won the spelling bee for the millionth time, "A good thing you got 'receive,' Squeaky, cause I would have got it wrong. I completely forgot about the spelling bee." . . . But of course when I pass her house on my early morning trots around the block, she is practicing the scales on the piano over and over and over and over. What method of indirect characterization does this passage use to bring Cynthia Procter to life?
A. how people treat Cynthia
B. what Squeaky says about Cynthia
C. what Cynthia thinks about herself
D. what Raymond says about Cynthi
what Squeaky says about Cynthia
I did the practice on edge2020
Don't forget to hit that THANKS button below
pls mark brainliest
Sorry if i'm late
Have a fantastic day
Language Arts 7 A Unit 3: Exploring Ideas Unit test
What caused chris to embark on his journey?
"A Valentine" by Edgar Allan Poe
1. For her this rhyme is penned whose luminous eyes,
2. Brightly expressive as the twins of Leda,
3. Shall find her own sweet name, that nestling lies
4. Upon the page, enwrapped from every reader.
5. Search narrowly the lines!-they hold a treasure
6. Divine-a talisman-an amulet
7. That must be worn at heart. Search well the measure-
8. The words-the syllables! Do not forget
9. The trivialest point, or you may lose your labor
10. And yet there is in this no Gordian knot
11. Which one might not undo without a sabre,
12. If one could merely comprehend the plot.
13. Enwritten upon the leaf where now are peering
14. Eyes scintillating soul, there lie perdus
15. Three eloquent words oft uttered in the hearing
16. Of poets, by poets-as the name is a poet's, too,
17. Its letters, although naturally lying
18. Like the knight Pinto-Mendez Ferdinando-
19. Still form a synonym for Truth-Cease trying!
20. You will not read the riddle, though you do the best you can do.
What is the best description of a Gordian knot in lines 10 and 11?
The best description of a Gordian knot in lines 10 and 11, means that eventhough a poem could be difficult to understand ( as undoing a gordian knot) every reader must interpret it easily, paying attention to every line or merely comprehending the plot.
it means impossible knot
i hope this helps
Which is NOT covered under the common topic “Relationship” A. Causes and effects
B. Comparisons and contrasts
C. Contraries and contradictions
D. Antecedents and consequences
A.) Cause and effects!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which rhetorical device would you use to make a comparison between the current situation and another situation?
Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. In Vienna musicians first played the harpsichord but then someone invented the piano. B. In Vienna musicians first played the harpsichord, but then someone invented the piano. C. In Vienna musicians first played the harpsichord, but, then someone invented the piano. D. In Vienna musicians first played the harpsichord but, then someone invented the piano.
The computer store A to the food store B
Find two examples of imagery in Act 4 of Romeo and Juliet. What senses do they appeal to?
"Juliet is the sun "
" o she doth teach the torches to burn bright "